What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Light on the Flytrap

Peanut

I like this
Ok like I said my trap is only getting 4 hours of light and somehow it is doing fine, but I want to to get alot more light so I got a clip on lamp(26 watt) and placed it outside, on the balcony, for my VFT for when the sun goes on the other side of my house.

I was just wondering how far apart should I put a 26 watt spirally from the Fly Trap so it doesnt burn it. I burned myself when I tried to turn it off. :-( ouch

A lamp outside.

You sir, are original.

But, I have no idea where you should put it, it is very hard to say.

well im a 15 year old kid.. with a 15 year old mind... so..yeah.. a lamp outside. I have it pretty close to them right now and im not sure if it will harm them or not

won't you have some major problems when it rains?
is it a outdoor lamp?
electricity and water don't do too well together.

Indeed.

I am 13 years old, so I guess we have something in common ;).

It would short circuit, and even if you would bring it inside, then, it would still be a huge hassle.

Even the indirect light of the sun is more powerful than a lamp. The lamp would probably do little. If the plant is healthy I think you don't really need to do it. If it's fine and doing well, leave it be.

What kind of lamp? An ordinary lamp will have no effect - you need a 6500 Kelvin white light, preferably 40 watt plus.

It'll be fine outdoors, even though it's only getting 4 hours of direct sun. The lamp really is pointless I'm afraid!

ok good *phew* :D thanks guys. Oh about the raining thing... its not going to rain here in a long long long long long time :(

We get TONS of rain here in the Spring. Raining right now in fact. Ironic.

Back