What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

where is the best place to buy a venis flytrap?

theweedking24

theweedking
i was looking at this one because it can have a second plant in it but if anyone knows of any better ones please link.

Mod edit: Please review the forum's policy on posting links to outside vendors.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would honestly have to say that it depends on what type of flytrap you are looking purchasing. Are you looking at one that has large traps, long teeth, or something else unique? Or are you looking for something typical, like you may find in your regular nursery? If it's the latter, then you might be advised to look local before you go online, as you may potentially save youself the extra cost of shipping, and the chance of having it rejected by customs, if you live internationally. Most flytraps from the store will do you just fine as beginner plants.

Hi weedking, first off I'm sorry but by the rules it's not allowed to list CP suppliers here as it conflicts with the store I run online which is how I'm trying to afford to run this forum. as CPsinSC listed www.flytrapshop.com is mine, and there is options for multiple plants in the same pot. Even options if you want to mix what VFTs are together from the 3 types I currently carry. It's cheaper than the place you listed too ;-) Spend $5 or more on product in my store and you become a "Thank You" member here that has a few benifits... You can see more about that
here
Andrew

I'll pm you alright?

Hi weedking, first off I'm sorry but by the rules it's not allowed to list CP suppliers here as it conflicts with the store I run online which is how I'm trying to afford to run this forum. as CPsinSC listed www.flytrapshop.com is mine, and there is options for multiple plants in the same pot. Even options if you want to mix what VFTs are together from the 3 types I currently carry. It's cheaper than the place you listed too ;-) Spend $5 or more on product in my store and you become a "Thank You" member here that has a few benifits... You can see more about that
here
Andrew

What about varieties that you don't offer, like Big Mouth and Fang?
I understand that you want to preserve your business base, but if you don't have a certain variety of plant, wasn't it stated in the rules that then, and only then, could we list a possible source for that specific plant? ???
That sort of policy is the best way to grow your business, as it shows that you are still willing to help out a customer if you don't have something, and the customer will remeber that for future purchases, perhaps one of them being a variety that you do carry.

Those other sources will also carry some of the plants he does. See the problem?

ok sorry i was unaware

wont happen again

And once Andrew's business goes through the roof and he offers every CP in the world, people will still find the sources in the search function. It's also pretty easy to send a pm to someone who has it on their grow list and inquire where they found a particular cultivar.

xvart.

Andrew's business is by far the most reliable. I've heard incredible things about the quality of the plants there. Also you'll be supporting terraforums, so that's another bonus! Andrew has proven to be very generous in the past.

Andrew's business is by far the most reliable. I've heard incredible things about the quality of the plants there. Also you'll be supporting terraforums, so that's another bonus! Andrew has proven to be very generous in the past.

I fully aknowledge this. But it doesn't change the fact that he doesn't have some varieties that someone may be looking for. And yes, I can also understand that if they can provide more uncommon cultivars then they will obviously have the types that he has to offer.
But his prices are second to none, he lets people know that, and his plants are indeed of the finest quality, which is why someone will likely buy a variety that his site and another have for sale from Andrew. I honestly see no cause for concern, except perhaps on the part of the other seller.

Back