What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potting Mixture Questions

I have mine in a mix of peat and sand, with LFS on top. I can speak from experience that a shocked VFT, if it recovers, will produce smaller traps for a a few weeks.

My VFT was outside again today and the leaves are turning a nice red color, and hopefully with more sun, a deep maroon color. The only problem is that all the new traps on the new leaves turn black before they can finish growing and opening. Is this still sunburn? and when will this stop?

Sounds like it's still recovering from the tipped pot incident. Any time the roots are disturbed like when the plant is knocked over and the dirt around the roots breaks up, you'll have a period of time while the plant recovers. Right now it's trying to replace the parts of the roots severed when it got knocked over and that will take time. A couple weeks at least. Your plant isn't at 100% and won't be for a bit. If it were my plant I'd give it bright indirect light and keep it in a shallow tray of water until it starts growing well again. Once it's healthy I'd stick it back outside.

Sounds like it's still recovering from the tipped pot incident. Any time the roots are disturbed like when the plant is knocked over and the dirt around the roots breaks up, you'll have a period of time while the plant recovers. Right now it's trying to replace the parts of the roots severed when it got knocked over and that will take time. A couple weeks at least. Your plant isn't at 100% and won't be for a bit. If it were my plant I'd give it bright indirect light and keep it in a shallow tray of water until it starts growing well again. Once it's healthy I'd stick it back outside.

Wow a couple of weeks to recover, ok. Are you sure about the sunlight thing cause if so then I will take it inside and grow it by flourescent light.

I would leave it outside but have it under a porch, perhaps at the edge, so it can get maybe morning sun.

Back