What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ant ate my plant

Pretty new to this. Bought a $5.00 Walmart VFT about 6 months ago and brought it home and loved it and it has actually done well, considering that the 3 or 4 that my mom bought me as a kid all died. Looked outside today and found 2 huge winged-ants crawling all over my plant chopping it up. One ant either got trapped and then ate his way out of a trap or he just ate holes in the trap. Almost all of the traps were sprung. Anyways, just wanted to put a couple of pictures on here and maybe get some feedback on what I could do different or better. Brandon

Last edited:
IMG_4412.jpg

Just what makes that little old ant
Think he'll eat that venus fly trap
Anyone knows an ant can't
Eat a venus fly trap
But he's got high hopes

Why can't I post pics? I put them on photobucket, and then pasted the URL into the photo slot.

Also, I had at one time what I now know to be a flower spike. It got to be about 3 1/2 inches before it turned black at the top so I cut the black part off. Then it kept turning black further down the stalk. I kept trimming. Is this the stalk that provides seeds?

Just copy and paste the img code line directly into the post.

Just clip the stalk once and leave it be. It is natural for it to wither away eventually.

Page source is our friend.

IMG_4412.jpg

-Ben

Back