What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fly Nightmare - VFT with 11 Flowers

I thought some of you folks would enjoy seeing this. For those of you counting, some of the flowers are obscured, so you have to count the stalks. It's in a 10 inch pot.

Several years ago I got a small plant from Philcula and it's done really well as you can see. It's Phil's own cross, "Red Rosette Giant" x "Burgundy Trap Giant Upright"

rrmama2TF.jpg

rrmamaTF.jpg

Nice plants. Don't look too burgundy or red, but still really nice!

WOW thats a huge plant with a crazy amount of flower stalks

Nice plant(s)! I have my D. filiformis in the same type of pot!

its my dream to have a pot that looks just like that! i'd love a pot of aiki Ryu most of all.. purrr!

yours is looking great though, very beautiful. How do you maintain it?

Dang that is awsome... Cant wait till mine gets that big

Phil has some of the most awesome plants in existence. I have a lot of flytraps from him (I tend to collect his throw-aways lol) and they always seem to be among the healthiest and largest in my collection.

Beautiful and very healthy plant you got there Bill.. you have done a fantastic job with it. Keep up the good work.

Cheers
Steve

Hey Ridetsu -

I hope your VFT dream comes true.

One of the main things I've found is using a deep pot. The roots of some the VFT bulbs are 5 to 6 inches long and appreciate the room. Also I noticed that they grow a bit faster and multiply easier when there is chopped up Long Fiber Sphagnum in the sand/peat mix.

I'm in Zone 5, Connecticut. This plant gets an outdoor dormancy from November to around March buried beneath pine needles, burlap, and a foot or so of mulch, pineboughs and eventually snow.

wow~ that's really fly nightmare
Great flytrap!!

Back