What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pot 'o Flytraps

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
What happens when these:

03980002.jpg

Meet this:

P7130089.jpg

Well you end up with a Pot (bowl?) 'o Flytraps!

Before I post the rest of the photos anybody want to guess how many plants were in the pot? (Jimscott don't give away the answer!)

Jeez that's a lot of plants.

Maybe like 10?

-Ben

I'll point to an higher number, not less than 15 split rhizomes :p This reminded me the spliting and reppoting I made in March with the plants I bought last year :D

uhh...27?

cant wait to see the after pics!;)

Thirty-six.

I got some vfts from a giveaway I got 12 plants from 3 :D
40 ????

I'd say 25.

xvart.

i would say 6 PLANTS or so.

However, i would guess there was maybe 45 traps? so it could easilly be 6-9 plants.

Either way, its beautiful and i hope one day i will have something like that. I have an aiki ryu with its 3rd plant coming up, and i am excited about that. Your plant must be... what... 8 years old if not more?

Coming from a decorative point of view, if that container flutes out to 10-12 inches and if the size of the plants in there are the same size as that huge lucious plant pictured I'd say 5-7. if grown all together as one big happy family from the get go in that container then i'll go one down from NeciFix and say 35

i would say 6 PLANTS or so.

However, i would guess there was maybe 45 traps? so it could easilly be 6-9 plants.

Either way, its beautiful and i hope one day i will have something like that. I have an aiki ryu with its 3rd plant coming up, and i am excited about that. Your plant must be... what... 8 years old if not more?

These clumps are quite common after a few months of growth, in plants that come from TC ;)

I believe that over-estimating ruins the whole guessing thing, so I’m going with 10 plants.

"Survey says……"

Man I hate waiting...:glare:

Well...

Our good friend from Portugal was the closest or even spot on!

The count was... 16 (sixteen) or maybe 15 or 15 and a half. One was a tiny sliver with only two leaves and a root - it came off on it's own accord when I was misting the roots to keep them moist and didn't really match the growth on the larger rhizome it was with.

I didn't document this step by step as it would have meant washing and drying my hands to use the camera each time.

Here we go (see captions below):
03980010.jpg

workbench of sorts

P7170105.jpg

what scrawny etoliated flytraps!
P7170103.jpg

10 of one kind - (yep 10, count 'em, ten!)
P7170104.jpg

half a dozen of another...

and (taadaaah) a Pot 'o Flytraps...
P7170106.jpg

P7170107.jpg
(above) ten, count 'em...

03980012.jpg

four of the tiny ones go back into the old pot. Where'd the other two go? In the mail...
as expected the two tiny ones (at 3 o'clock and 6 o'clock) did not survive :(

Not a Number said:
Quick, pass me the ranch dressing!:jester:

Nice job! Hopefully they’ll start to grow more healthy-looking traps before dormancy.
Good luck with them!

Very nice ~ very nice it's all making sense such lively lil tots

oOOOoh~ I'll expect next time when you repot them.
nice bowl. beautiful flytraps.
Thanks to your sharing.

Follow up shots. Full shot of pot unfortunately did not turn out. In the small pot of four plants only one survived.

01730018.jpg

01730019.jpg

did you plant the moss or did it actually grow that fast?

Looking very nice though

those are beautiful fly traps...*bow downs*

thats alot of frichen divisions.
i was going to guess around 13
i was close xD

Awesome!
I'm going to have to that with some of my plants soon. But I'm all paranoid and hoping I dont tear them up too badly...

Back