What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New VFT

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Picked up this new VFT today. Had some great color, so I had to get it.

newVFT.jpg

Where did you get it? Looks like 'red line'.

Very nice Steve!Maybe the coloration will be consistent on new growth.

Jerry

I don't think red line can be characterised as a cultivar on its own. I have a typical VFT which shows red line as well.

this is a very old pic though. 4 months ago.

512375303_3f30bb50ae_o.jpg

Hey Elgecko, is that vft from Walmart?

kruegersc4,
I do not think that there is any plant registered as 'Red Line'. I think some use "Red Line" as a descriptive term for a plant that shows the line on the outside of the trap.
It was bought at Walmart. Anyway just for my records I will be calling it VFT - Typical - Red Line.
I do the same thing with a seed grow VFT that has the largest traps of any plant I have. VFT - Typical - Large Traps.

Jerry,
I hope the new growth shows the line on the outside of the trap.

zappafan,
Yes it was from Walmart.
Bloomrite is the company that has them there. They have the best care info on there packaging of anyone I've seen selling VFT over the years, other then say a nursery specializing in CP's.

I bought two VFTs last year at Wal-mart, and they had great color and good-sized traps. I grew one of them in a terrarium for several months under high intensity lights and it exploded in growth. That plant actually went to Est during my downsizing...

That is a great looking VFT. There are similar ones growing in the Hosford bog here in Florida. Bob McMorris calls them 'Cherry Traps'.

Nice find! VFT 'Lip Stick' :-))

Wow, amazing coloration!

i saw those too Steve!! compared to my other 2 VFTs this particular one closes amazingly fast! i almost bought one...but decided not to. they came in the cylinders.
Alex

I certainly did not need the plant. LOL and by the look on my wifes face said the same thing but louder. :-))

It had such nice color inside the trap and on the outside, it just had to be purchased.

:0o: nice flytrap.
Really hope we also have Walmart in here.:hail:

Back