What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

leaf cutting, mutated leaf

I recently found a mutated leaf on my VFT. Its one of the most awesome leaf i've ever seen from venus flytraps. Its teeth have tiny teeth on them. The rim of the petioles have teeth too. The petioles remind me of holly leaves. Will making a leaf cutting get me a new cultivar or is this just a once in a lifetime deformation and will probably never happen again?

The leaf cuttings probably won't result in mutated plants but it's worth a shot I suppose if you know what your doing. Pics would be nice too :grin:

gosh i really wish i could take a picture but my camera got stolen. grrrr.... Oh well.. ill do a leaf cutting, if it fails ill dry the leaf and preserve it.

Is it a new plant from tissue culture? Did it have a change in environment recently?

xvart.

Sorry to disappoint, but it's just a nothing-unusual, malformed trap.

Making a cutting will not result in a plant with the same characteristics.

You also have a deformed trap, not a mutated one. A mutant would involve some changes to the DNA.

Back