What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fridge OK?

But if you keep the plants, uncovered, in the attic, by a window, they remain dormant and fungus-free, with no need of chemicals, and very little maitenance - just the occasional moistening. They wake up in February-March, when both temps and photoperiod increase enough to cue it.

Don't have an attic.

My VFTS and Sarrs go in the fridge once outside temps get around 40 F. Usually by November here. You could take it out of it's water tray, place it in a zip lock bag and put in the fridge. I remove my Sarrs from their soil, clean them off a little, wrap some moist long fibered sphag moss around the roots, place in a zip lock bag and in the fridge they go.

Tom

what do you do to take them out of the fridge? d oyou have to acclimate them?

what do you do to take them out of the fridge? d oyou have to acclimate them?

I just take them out and put them in a sunny south and west window, adjust them slowly to increasing levels of light. A sheer curtain first the full open.

Back