What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFTs @ 99 Cent Only Stores

Hey, Not A Number -

Man I grew up out that way. Just off of Venice Blvd on Kelton Ave which is about midway between Overland & Sepulveda.

Now I'm on the other side of the country in Connecticut.... I miss the food, weather, and lifestyle out there...... but out here we do have the awsome NECPS!!!!!!!!

OMG! wow! those are perfect looking VFT's for a store stock. :) :0o:

The store in Fullerton, CA just got a new shipment of them. I left with 15 gorgeous VFTs! :boogie:

i only got 10

Are the VFTs with all of their other little potted plants? I've been to a couple of different 99 Cent Only stores and all they had were little cacti and other little plants (no idea what they were).

Well, I'm back. That aside, I just dropped into the SuperStore next to my place of work, and lo and behold, they got over 100 of the gorgeous buggers just that very day. I left with 8 that day, and then decided to explore other SuperStores for more, and scavange the best ones from across the Lower Mainland in BC. I managed to hit 6 different stores, and collected an additional 8 from them. I now have the BEST storebought VFT collection in BC. WOOT!!

I paid 3.99 per, which is better than the 10 per I'm used to. So of course, I snapped them up as fast as I could. I now know that this time of year is the time to start prowling the grocery stores for VFT's....

I will post pictures of my beauties later. Great finds for everyone at this time of year it looks like!

Are the VFTs with all of their other little potted plants? I've been to a couple of different 99 Cent Only stores and all they had were little cacti and other little plants (no idea what they were).

I have the same question as well... What section of the store did you guys find them in?

hey, just got back from the fullerton 99 cent store and they had about 6 box load containing around 30-40 VFT. I got 4 really nice VFT for 99 cent each. Best deal in town. THANKS LARRY !!!

vft+001.jpg

vft+002.jpg

Last edited:
I have the same question as well... What section of the store did you guys find them in?

It depends on the store. Usually in the plant section but they could be anywhere. The Torrance store on 190th and Anza had them in one of the center aisles.

It's always good to check out everything in these stores. I found some Star Wars PEZ dispensers and Rocky & Bullwinkle fan chain pulls not too long ago.

BTW the Culver City store had 8-10 flats (28 per flat) this morning. The selection isn't as good as Dec but there were plenty of nice ones.

Hmmmm well I definitely wasn't looking for anything resembling the pics in the pictures in the other thread. I'll have to take another look I suppose. I'll have to look elsewhere in the stores I guess since there were definitely no VFTs with any of the other plants. The only plants I've seen at my local stores are all on a large rolling shelf thing.

got another one today

Cool, somebody benefitted from my find. Well, I was at another 99cent store and they also had VFTs, so I bought more. :blush:
24_vfts.jpg

"My name is Larry and I'm a VFT addict..." :)

OMG that is so sad all the plants at walmart are in horrible horrendous conditions they are really green and really etiolated with tons of dead leaves and very small traps.
they also cost 5$ instead of .99 cents

View attachment 140

I picked up 1 VFT in good condition at a Target but it died in about a month.

oh that stinks.
mine flowered and I ahvee seedligns I am acclimating thme to full sun right now and moving htme outside for spring.

I think I have a serious addiction. I just picked up 52 of them.
Larry, thats twice as many as you got. :-))
I think I'm ill, seriously ill!!!!!!!

I think I have a serious addiction. I just picked up 52 of them.
Larry, thats twice as many as you got. :-))
I think I'm ill, seriously ill!!!!!!!

haha your math is offf 24 x 2 is 48 not 52
:nana:

Wow- I haven't sold a Venus flytrap in 3 months and now I know why!! haha Good find guys :)
Andrew

Back