What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFTs @ 99 Cent Only Stores

Wow- I haven't sold a Venus flytrap in 3 months and now I know why!! haha Good find guys :)
Andrew

That is surprising. :0o: I'll probably get a dente in the near future. I'll definitely be sending an order your way. =)

lol- I'm joking... I sold some :p

I hope your just kidding, I'll feel double bad if your sitting on a pile of VFT's.

Of course I'm sitting on a pile of vfts!! it's called stock. LOL I have to sit on them, that's how I sell nice sized vfts and not just out of TC CRAP. :) Right now, I'm removing about 20-40 flower stalks a day haha... i guess the spring growth should be coming too :)

lies!!! i dont think last time i bought from you was more than 3 months ago, i bought 2 on January remember? :0o:

The two I bought from Andy have some pretty large traps on them. Thanks for the nice clump o' flytraps Andy!

Upper, I said I was kidding LOL. A buck for vfts is a great price.. I can't come close to that in neat containers lol Nitecrawler- glad they're doing well for you :) I assume they're dormant now and will soon look wonderful :D
Andrew

I think I have a serious addiction. I just picked up 52 of them.
Larry, thats twice as many as you got. :-))
I think I'm ill, seriously ill!!!!!!!

That's nothing! One of the LACPSers bought 84!

haha your math is offf 24 x 2 is 48 not 52
:nana:

Heh! There's 28 in a case...

That's nothing! One of the LACPSers bought 84!

Heh! There's 28 in a case...

Yeah thats insane! I picked up 7 of them, and now in hindsight I think I should have only gotten 3-4. Hopefully they turn out looking as good as your's do!

I always thought TC'd Dionaea came nice and pretty and ready to sell. Dandy quickly told me the truth lmao.

You'll get more stock, soon Dandy! I'm sending you all of the Dionaea you sent me this fall.

I'm going to visit the store in Northridge and the one in Granada Hills after class today. I haven't had any luck finding any at the store near my home, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Of course, I bought some from Andrew in late Feb. just in case I couldn't find any. :)

I always thought TC'd Dionaea came nice and pretty and ready to sell. Dandy quickly told me the truth lmao.

You'll get more stock, soon Dandy! I'm sending you all of the Dionaea you sent me this fall.

I thought so too. :p When I got my B52s, one of them was a huge stringy mess! It was VERY difficult to get that one planted without burying a bunch of traps. Now that my TC B52s are growing new traps though they are starting to look great and healthy.

Just got home...

Well, both the Granada Hills and the Northridge stores had some. I went to the Northridge one first and they had a ton with a great selection. They were found next to the cacti inside the store. The Granada Hills store had all the plants right outside the store on a moveable rack. They had less VFTs, but they were in good condition.

I ended up buying 8 in total. Now I have to figure out where to put them all....

I went to the 99 cent store at Wilshire and Fairfax in Beverly Hills today and they had many boxes of them. I got three because I don't have much room, but to tell you the truth, most of them probably have been sitting in the store for a while, so they didn't have a lot of good ones.

But even if you get some etiolated ones, I think the price is still right.

One of the vfts had 2 flower stalks coming up!
I almost got it just to see if it would survive the flowering...

one of mine survived the flowering, the flower's beautiful and white. trap's red, and juicy.... i got it the first day it arrived, got about 10 of em. guess i got lucky, i got it the first day it got shipped.

IM In Ventura and found them at the 99 by my house, but the sad part is there was close to 50 or so plants, I buy three then the next day there all gone, to homes were they will probrably die or have already died, and most were flowering to! But if you find them buy them!!!

Cody

i'd buy a bunch of em, just that i dont know what to do with all of em, i already got like 12+ mature plant.

Wow, didn't know there were so many southern californians here!

Somebody is selling these on Ebay for like $13 each.:0o: I hope a fool doesn't buy them. They are not worth $13 when you can goto a place like flytrapshop.com and buy much better specimens.

Back