What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFTs @ 99 Cent Only Stores

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
Yep, at least in the Los Angeles area 99 Cent Only Stores have Venus Fly Traps.

I picked up a bunch last night with good color and in excellent shape. I pretty much cleaned out the best colored ones at the Culver City store. These are the ones from Nurserymen's Exchange in the plastic "Feed Me!" tubes that are often found in Home Depot and Orchard Supply Hardware (OSH) for $4.99-$5.99.

They've revised the artwork on the tubes but here is what last years model looked like:

P5150093.jpg

Time for another Pot o' Flytraps.

Note: These stores are in CA, NV, TX, AZ. Not all stores may carry these items or may be sold out by. Catch as catch can.

http://www.99only.com/locator/index.php

If I had a car I could go...........

my typical was one of those lol

and it came hella etoliated
its getting better and ready to be split i figure about 5 times, and it tried to flower in mid fall :|

hmmm, not sure if I'm willing to cross the 405 via bus for plants that might not be there, but there is one that's actually pretty close to my house ( i live off of 79th and sepulveda.)

If I'm ever around one of those places, I'll check it out.

They only seem to get these once a year, probably overstock from Halloween. Most likely they will be gone by the end of the week.

I have noticed that the VFTs in the tubes have way more color than the ones in the cubes. Do you think they are a different cultivar?

Booman Florals supposedly tissue cultures their VFTs from seed, which means more genetic diversity. These are just "typical" VFTs. Most likely they have just been exposed to better growing conditions prior to shipment than the Botanical Wonders "cube of death" variety.

It could do with the owners of the nurseries. Booman studied CP cultivation under Dr. Mellencamp at UNCC. The owner of Botanical Wonders was busted a couple times for trying to ship illegally collected wild VFTs out of the country.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=827234&postcount=13

I got the same exact VFTs from walmart and they are excellent

I got the same exact VFTs from walmart and they are excellent
^Ditto!

Thanks for posting NAN. I check my local store every now and again, but have not had any luck. I guess I better go again soon....

I'm at UCLA...how far would a 99 cent store be?

I haven't ever seen one of those stores around here.

The link he posted has a store finder. There are a couple north of del rey, and one on Laan Tijera a little past the 405.

I seen a couple of these at Wal-Greens, but when i saw them I was a little too late. They were all dead.

I got those "Feed Me" ones near me that are $4.99 at WalMart. If only I could get a few to windowsill-ify that are 99 cents!

yeah i got mine for $5 also

so these are only 99 cents????

also some okay ones in hacienda hieghts / indusrty 'or something

99 cent store VFTs:
01890014.jpg

i saw a big mouth, at around sunset and serrano. i didnt get em tho, i didnt know how to take care of these plant but now i do, and they're all gone

:( Wish stores had those around here. Especially at the 99 cent price. Walmart don't even carry VFT's. I live outside Boston MA so if anyone knows where I can get some VFT's let me know. I just ordered seeds off ebay and they all arrived crushed. I got a bag of black shells LOL. Besides seeds will take me years to grow. I'd love some adult plants.

I can't find any plants local at all. So if anyone knows of anywhere in MA let me know.

This is my first day on these forums. Glad I found them thought. I already saw a bunch of things I have in common with people here. I have leopard geckos who lay eggs regularly but I could never get them eggs to hatch. Also I'm hoping to get a nice ant colony going this spring if I can scoop a queen :)

Well enough of my ranting. Nice to meet you all and thanks for any replies.

Well I am in ventura california right now I really want to go to lowes home depot and other places for some adelea,vfts and other half dead bargians ..
But I have not been able so I am gonna visit a few people hopefully when they get back to me so that I got some CP related fun from driving for 16 hours

Back