What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible To Survive 80-100F Summer?

Well, its around 70F (70 Degrees Fahrenheit) over here, and some of my leaves are burnt. Im guessing thats because they're acclimating to the full sun here. (Please tell me if im right) But, eventually over here its going to get around 80F-100F. And it stays like that till mid September. Will these guys even have a chance in sizzling summer heat????

Oh my yes! It routinely stays in the high 90's and low 100's here! Your plant is acclimating and it's fine. These high temperatures are no problem, just make sure you keep your plant watered since the water will evaporate faster.

It wont get that hot in central Alaska..
you should be fine.

Scot

As stated, temps in the 80-100F range are fine. Consider yourself lucky your temps don't normally stay above 105 as the daily high for weeks and weeks. :)

CA, not alaska:-))

well..you forced me to guess, so I guessed alaska.

(its helpful to put your location info in your profile..
just a city and state is fine..then people have an idea of your climate if you forget
to mention where you live in your question.)

Scot

Back