What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated random pictures

Baylorguy

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer"
My venus flytrap is really coming into its own... as well as my other plants! Hope you guys enjoy.

Phil

Grow completely under 6 T12 40 watt bulbs.
DSC00343.jpg

Flowering D. filiformis var. filiformis 'Florida Giant'
DSC00337.jpg

A nice field of dew
DSC00341.jpg

Nice flytrap coloration. What brand are the lights?

Thanks Yellowdart. Mainly GE Plant and Aquarium T12s and two generic cool white bulbs.

if its under flourescents I would snip the flower stalk, flytrap seedlings take like 5 years to mature and you could possibly lose your flytrap or it could live but grow deformed leaves for a while.
and for the pic of D. filliformis is that pavement in the background or a wall? and nice dews :bigthumpup:

¡Clip them flower stalks! ;)

I just thought of something.... and I guess I am a dork for not thinking of this sooner. If I want to multiply plants, a leaf pulling from the flyrap and leaf cuttings from filiformis should more than do the trick, am I right? If so, off with the flower stalks.

If I want to multiply plants, a leaf pulling from the flyrap and leaf cuttings from filiformis should more than do the trick, am I right? If so, off with the flower stalks.

Yeah, VFTs are pretty easy to propagate with leaf pullings and, from what I understand, it is less detrimental for the health of the plant than letting it flower...especially if you are growing it under lights.

Just wanted to throw in couple of pics of one the plants I am growing in my terrarium. I am just trying to give them a little bit of a head start on summer. These are the smaller plants that I have, so I figured I could help get them bigger sooner and closer to adulthood. The coloration is pretty good.

The entire plant:
VFT_good_coloration.jpg

Close up of a trap:
VFT_high_resolution_trigger_hairs.JPG

If you're interested, I also have a few pictures of leaf pullings that I am doing an experiment with here:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/photogallery/4-leaf_pullings.html

nice macro

nice macro

Thanks! I was pretty happy that it came out that well. It was with my little point and shoot camera that, in general, I am not that impressed with, but I really like that photo.

For a point and shoot, that has awesome depth of focus!

I just need to get a macro tube, or build one for my rebel. Ill give point and shoots that much, they are versatile.

Back