What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Probably killed/really messed up one of my VFT's

Hey guys so the other day I was trying to pull off a rotting trap from one of my VFT's, and it was being really impatient, so being stupid I started to pull harder. It turns out that I totally ripped off what looked to be the old growing point of all the plant's traps, but this trap that I pulled off seemed to be the last trap that was actually growing from that grow point. So ya I think that I might be ok, but now its been a week and it looks like something REALLY strange is coming up from the growth point of the plant...it could possibly be a flower stock, but it just looks so deformed lol so could anyone describe what a very small flower stalk looks like on a VFT? Thanks for any replies!!

Zach

Hey guys so the other day I was trying to pull off a rotting trap from one of my VFT's, and it was being really impatient, so being stupid I started to pull harder. It turns out that I totally ripped off what looked to be the old growing point of all the plant's traps, but this trap that I pulled off seemed to be the last trap that was actually growing from that grow point. So ya I think that I might be ok, but now its been a week and it looks like something REALLY strange is coming up from the growth point of the plant...it could possibly be a flower stock, but it just looks so deformed lol so could anyone describe what a very small flower stalk looks like on a VFT? Thanks for any replies!!

Zach

Keep the rhizome planted with the growth point exposed and hope for the best I think. Water it and oh yeah quit messing with them. ;) If I wanna get rid of a dead trap I just snip it off with some scissors.

Go to the 99 cent store and in the section where they have nail files and trimmers and the like buy a pair of cuticle scissors/trimmers. These have very sharp and fine points that are perfect for precision trimming of Dionaea and Drosera leaves.

They're also great for trimming off hangnails instead of tearing the skin off to you elbows.

Back