What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring time stall?

Ya know, I have noticed this(I live in Texas). There's a plethora of tiny flying insects (like gnats) and, to a lesser extent, spiders, but where's everything else? My pitcher plants are hungry!:-D

that's cuz we haven't had any fricckin' rain in like forever....except once or twice a few weeks back if I remember correctly. Yea sure we keep getting thunder and lightning and gray skies, but no torrential downpour. I'm in the Sugar Land area and i was thrilled couple of days ago when they announced "Severe thunderstorm warning to Fort Bend County." Yea it howled and blew but no rain. What a tease. ???

that's cuz we haven't had any fricckin' rain in like forever....except once or twice a few weeks back if I remember correctly.

Yeah, it's been unusually dry. The weird thing is, there are still zillions of mosquitos flying around here. :censor:

Sorry this is so late, Fryster. I found mites all over the new growth especially (undeveloped traps). Basically, if your plants are turning a rusty color or are blackening prematurely, spider mites may be the cause.

Spider mites are REALLY hard to see on Akai Ryu. HAHA

looks like still in dormancy

Fryster,

Sorry for the late post.

I may have a division available from my Big Mouth in case yours dies.

One of my Red Dragons looks exactly like yours and I'm almost 100% sure you are over watering.

If your problem ends up being Spider Mites then I would recommend Ortho Orthenex. It is a systemic insecticide so it kills the Spider Mites without harming your Dionaea.

I hope this helps!

Giovanni

Back