What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aww, didnt even noticed.

upper

Capensis Killer
i just went to check on my VFT again today and wow... i cant believe i havnt noticed the flower stalk... its over 3" tall now about to be 4"... is it too late to cut em, or should i just let the 2 flower stalk grow and make seeds?

let them be!.....unless you want to sell it or something and you don't want the growth to stop.

i got 7 of them that i can spot right now coming up, but i already cut 2 :(. or i woulda had 9.

Just a reminder......you can use the flower stalk, like you would use leaf cuttings, to propagate the plant

leave the flowers, ive left every flower that has come up on my VFTs, never had a problem, as long as they are outside of course, ive let Dentates flower inside under some lights, and they did fine, got seedlings from em over 3 months old now, the plant is still alive, but outside now in one of my minibogs.

Just a reminder......you can use the flower stalk, like you would use leaf cuttings, to propagate the plant

Yeah, its in my pretty damp sphagnum pot... i'm trying to grow sphagnum, its wet and soggy.... but i didnt leave the whole stalk on it... i took the little petal? i think that's what you call it, the little leaf like thing next to or under the flower. took off the flower and the stalk and lightly cover it with peat so its still visible and able to get some sun, but wont dry out as fast.

Back