What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sir Charles is here!

• Thread starter Kayota
  • Start date
SirCharlesDay1.png

EEEEEEEE. :boogie:

Nice! Did you water it Sir Charles (Lawl, that's a good name) after the photo?

Before, in fact. :D

Looks a little dry to me, but I can't be sure without actually feeling the soil :p

I can go out and feel.

EDIT: It was a little dry, I gave him some more water, and after this I won't water him for a couple days.

When I use peat from a bag usually it is dry and dusty and doesn't absorb water well so I have to mix and "pre-soak" the peat with water before I even plant the plant. Then I water it some more to settle the plant in until water runs through the pot and stands in the tray. Otherwise I have problems if I don't pre-wet the peat beforehand and just pot the plant up directly in dry peat. Maybe an explanation if your peat is still looking and staying really dry after watering for a while.

It is a pretty cute little guy and you must command him to grow and fill that entire pot, understand? :)
Is he named after Charles Darwin or am I just reading into the name too much?

I just picked the name at random. I used a little water to mix the peat and perlite, dunno if it was enough, but I didn't want to waste my distilled water too much! I poured some water onto the soil, now the peat is moist enough. When I poured the water on top it was the stuff that was left in the tray after the second watering and the water left a big round spot under the pot, so I think we're good.

Peat absorbs three times as much water. You might also want to consider keeping a try of water underneath the pot.

xvart.

I do keep a tray of water under the pot.

Do not doubt my l33t research skillz! :-))

Nice looking VFT ya got there Kayota...

Thanks. :D More pics for you, some really cool macro ones included:

SirCharlesMacro2.png

SirCharlesDay2.png

SirCharlesMacro1.png

SirCharlesMacro3.png

Check out the trap to the right... is that pink I see, already?!

SirCharlesMacro4.png

I'm not too fond of the last two - didn't focus right - but I figured they were worth posting anyway. :)

Nice, but it's too green for my liking xP. I'm sure it'll color up :)

Of course he will :)

Life never "seizes" to amaze me. A VFT called Charlie. HMMM
I consider all monecious plants female. cause once the pollen forms and falls off it is all a lady's job from there in.
jest my 2 cents.
Good Luck with Charlie.

I've never met a boy named Sue but I have met a couple girls named Charley :D

Back