What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

seedlings

upper

Capensis Killer
i got quite a bunch of seeds right now, and will have more later on, just wondering. will the seedling be stronger than the parent's plant? i got all of my VFT(about 10) from the same company and the same store. i got the VFT months ago and they're doing great outdoor. i pollinated it with like 7 different pollen from all the different flower stalk that were blooming. i have like 50+ seeds from different plants that made seed at almost the same time. i just wanted to know, since the parent plants were Tissue Cultured(probably) will the seedling be weak? and what is a good condition to sow these seeds on? and will i be able to sow the seedlings next to its parents?

i grew my seedlings in my terrarium for awhile and then moved them outside. but i plan on moving them back inside during the winter and skipping this years dormancy. I dont believe there is any way to tell if the seedlings will be any more or less vigorous than the parents, being as if they are all the same variety, then probably are the same clone from TC from that company...Therefor it is basically self pollination. Have fun with them...they take ages to mature.

i just wanted to make sure, if they're all going to be the same as the parent plant, i'll just giveaway all my seeds. since i already have many many VFT.

they wont be exactly the same, as they are seedgrown, they will have some differences, but im just talking about growing pattern, they might be faster, they might be slower. it depends.

i wont care how long it'll take if i put in my VFT minibog, i'll just probably forget about it. but if it means that i have to bring it in and put a humidity dome and stuff over it so it can germinate, i'll just give it away. as i heard that seed grown stuff will be stronger than its parent.

it can be stronger than the parent, yes. you dont need a humidity dome for seedlings, i germinated mine in open air in the terrarium.

it can be stronger than the parent, yes. you dont need a humidity dome for seedlings, i germinated mine in open air in the terrarium.

i was thinking more of.... outdoor...

Back