What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GP_Princesses B52 V's My Guava Sawtooth

*Barracuda_45*

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama
Well after bringing in the VFTs for me to get them ready shortly to go into the fridge for there long winters rest i was going over each one and noticed the size on my Guava Sawtooths largest and most recently opened trap compare to Jens B52's largest most recently opened trap, i do say my Guava Sawtooth is right there when it comes to massive trap size. Cant wait to see what these 2 VFTs look like come next spring and what the trap size will be. I am very very pleased with this Guava Sawtooth and look foward to crossing it with Jens Exquisite Red and or one of our Red Giants in the future. And to think they each have another larger trap developing.:-D

Guava Sawtooth on the left, B52 on the right.
VFTs002.jpg

VFTs005.jpg

VFTs012.jpg

So neat! I can't wait for spring... I am sooooo expanding my VFT collection to completely irrational levels :D

'B52's best trap growth is in the fall. In the spring and early-mid summer there is little difference between the trap size of my 'B52's and one of my typicals. Coloration and general shape of the leaves is a different matter. Right now the difference is very obvious.

NaN, i have noticed over the last 2 months the color change of the VFTs, its wierd the ones that should be the deepest color are not and the ones that are supose to be so so for color are very deepely colored at this time, i have also notcied my Guava Sawtooth went from very deep green and dark red traps to a light green with semi red traps, the B52 went from lighter green with deep red traps to DEEP green with hardly any red in the traps, i also noticed the leafs shapes to, wider and shorter. Now the regular Sawtooth has medium green leafs and has real nice red coloration on the inside of the traps, my Big mouths and Red Giants are putting out large traps with deep red on short leafs. We have had a really wacked out fall up here i wouldnt be suprised if its having a effect on the VFTs..

The guava is so exotic looking. I love it! It's strange because my typical sometimes produces really huge traps too.

Beautiful plants, you've just convinced me to pick up a few more VFTs next spring. :) Pity there's no B52 x Cup Trap cross, having those neat cup trap mutations only, big, would be nice.

Back