What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All VFTs Are Now In Dormancy For Winter "Guava Sawtooth Pics"

*Barracuda_45*

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama
Ok well the rest of the VFTs are now in the fridge for dormancy for winter, i trimmed and cleaned um off and wraped um in moist spag and bagged & into the fridge they went, nighty night VFTs.. I took some pics as i was doing so of the Guava Sawtooth and WOW was this VFT HUGE. :0o:
Guava Sawtooth open trap.
CPsnepsalataandVFTs001.jpg

sorry for the blurry pic but looky how cool the trigger hairs are on this VFT.
CPsnepsalataandVFTs003.jpg

Guava befour taking outa the pot and trimming/wraping/bagging up for the fridge. BIG!! Cant wait to see how big it gets next growing season..
CPsnepsalataandVFTs005.jpg

Traps from the largest VFTs grown this yr.
top 2 Guava Sawtooth, 3rd Jens B52, 4th Big Mouth and 5th Red Giant.
CPsnepsalataandVFTs012.jpg

Ooooops i know which one i forgot to get in the last pic, that was the Big Vig..:blush::blush: Oooooops. :blush: Oh well next yr i will do it all again....
This one was not wanting to go nighty night.. LOL!!
CPsnepsalataandVFTs014.jpg

Only ones not going into the fridge are the gazzillion VFT babies and youngest ones.. :-D

Oooh, very nice! Very big traps! :)

Nice looking plant there. I love my Sawtooth also.

yep, mine are all headed into dormancy now too...outside though lol. gonna move them into the shed here when we start getting consecutive nights of freezing temps

Those are beautiful. Can't wait to see them next year!

Very nice looking Guava Sawtooth I really like that vareity I can't wait to see it next growing season maybe this spring I'll get me one it's my second favorite type of flytrap.

Thanks for posting pictures I bet next season they'll look even better and speaking of putting flytraps away I think my bogs ready to set up in the garage after I prep them a little and wrap the pot up..

Wow...that Guava is a beaut! Nice!

One thing I can say about VA...I just leave my flytraps outdoors and let them take care of themselves. Only my dog and the squirrels are problems.

They look real good for being asleep!

Back