What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plants'll Do the Darndest Things

Not a Number

Hello, I must be going...
Staff member
PB060021.jpg

So this 99 cent store VFT has been sitting in a communal tray for months. Too lazy to repot.
So why is it leaning over?

PB060018.jpg

Hey! What's this?
PB060017copy.jpg

PB060019.jpg

PB060022.jpg

Verrry Interrrestiiing...

Where are the roots?

The roots are probably connecting it to the mother plant...? Who knows. Pretty nice find though.
~Joe

Cool. There's a little irony in that the bottom plant looks healthier than the top plant :p

That is so neat!

Maybe this could be the new way to grow flytraps... Just like how they have that upside down tomato contraption.
I love the title, btw

LMAO! that looks funny and is it the same 99cent store in fullerton where they sold the capensis? that vft is pretty big for 99cents :]

Thats awesome! It almost looks like your pot sat on another VFT.

Did an offshoot start and grew downwards only to reach the end and realize it was at the bottom? Thats what it looks like to me. I guess it could be confusing when in the dirt on which way is up!

Very cool NaN, a new way of growing VFT's...:-D

Tissue Culture that one and if it does it again... you can register it and call it the "Bottoms Up" variation.

Wow! Thanks for sharing this crazy occurrence.

Haha, the bottoms up! That's great :p

I like your Pitcher plants in the background too!

Is it a yellow vft? It looks like it.

i thought when the roots is wet and it has light, it starts growing little pups on it. same with drosera and other ones. i repotted em all... i have almost a pot full now.

Back