What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help with propagator please anyone

hi i have bought this propagator and it has 2 shafts/air holes which you can open and close to let air into it do these need to be opened at anytime or can they be left shut forever cause i havent opened them atall yet please help as i wonder

Richard

... we're going to need wayyy more info.

whats in it?
where's it going to be placed? inside or outside?

how big is it?

is there any airflow other than that?

Post a pic. OR Animal mineral or vegetable? Is it beaver eyes? I think you may be talking about a clear lid for 1'x2' nursery trays...

Rofl! Good one cp. But yes more info definitely.

hehehe nice jokes sorry i was a bit bold last time im growing indoor these plants via the windowsill hehe

1.Venus Fly Trap
2.drosera cape
3. and soon i plant to plant some seeds the other side of this cause its so big of apple tree :) not a carnivorous i kno but i like them hehe

ok i have uploaded soome pictures for u guys im attaching the link to this message any help would be great the link is underneath

http://img152.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dsc00127x.jpg

Richard

i thought for sure it was going to be beaver eyes...

anyways,

yeah definitely open those top vents... also keep track of how hot its getting in there... sunlight + clear coverings... = baking your cp's to a crisp

You probably don't need the dome at all for your Carnivorous Plants, but I would open the vents.

Unless you get a bare minimum of 4 hours of direct sunlight a day in winter the windowsill is probably does not have enough light for your CPs.

If the plants are getting direct sunlight on the windowsill there is the danger of them overheating and "cooking" under the dome.

Welcome to TerraForums!

at the moment it is about of 9 hours of light not always sun but light well it starts to get dark at bout 9 normally here

here there is about 9 hours of light at the moment if this says anything i dont think without the dome there is enough heat :p i dunno sorry its here 2 times lol i wrote once and never shown up so wrote again then i seeen message wierd stuff hehe

Back