What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best variety

Ok so.. as far as venus flytraps go i have 3 typicals, 1 dente, 1 red, dragon, 1 red pirahna, 1 Big Vigorous, 1 Big Mouth, and 1 cross teeth. I have two questions. What are the biggest know trap breed of venus flytraps? is it B52 or is it Big Vigorous? and, what other traps are a good add to my collection that are somewhat exceptionally different? i was thinking cupped traps, fused tooth, sharks tooth, and pink venus.. idk what are some good ones that i am missing?

"Best variety?" Who is to say?

So far, it is the B52 that is credited with generally having the largest traps to date, if that's what you're after; although, I have had "typical" clones which have produced traps over 5 cm (2") at the height of Summer and a "Big Mouth" at 4.4 cm (1.75") . . .

A great deal of it has to do with age and proper cultivation; though I do prefer varieties which color up nicely under the sun and actually function like a venus flytrap, unlike a few clones on the market . . .

Back