What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miniature flytrap?

Is there a variety that grows smaller than others or is the one I bought just a young plant? It has traps that are only maybe a centimeter long at the longest.

There are at least several. I have two varieties that maintain very small, bright red foliage and never get much larger than a quarter - Pink Venus and Petite Dragon. I've read that there are pygmy strains that grow even smaller, comparable in size to pygmy Drosera, but I've never been able to find a source for them.
~Joe

DSCN1517-1.jpg

The stems that the traps are on are also thinner than the other VFT that I have.

IMG_5090.jpg

If you bought a typical then your plant is a typical waiting to grow.
There are a few very small clones/cultivars like Cudo...and others i don't remember right now.

Oh I see now... I thought you asked something like, "Is there a variety that grows smaller than this small one I just got?" My mistake.
~Joe

Last edited:
Back