What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

typical healthy ?

• Thread starter Xeno
  • Start date
New here so thought I could post some pics on my typical and see what u say about the health off it. Since I have repotted it and taken a little seedling from it and also some leaf cuttings from it, so finaly its not gonna be touched more now :p

/Xeno

Looks very healthy to me!

I would say it's healthy, but I would still recommend growing it outside. How long have you had it?

Looks rather healthy. You're growing it outside, right? Because that is the only way it will stay healthy. Looks like something took a bite out of the trap in front. The birds at my house have been ravaging my Akai Ryu flytrap...

Jason

Hm it have been under 1 light tube for 1 and a half month or more and today i got 1 more up so very nice "daylight" (840) I think now it is with the 2 light tubers.. And just woundering since i have repotted it like 5 times in that month :p and still the traps keep coming.. So no never have had it outside and cant have it where I now live. And the bite have beeen there all the time its a battle scare :p

Here is a pic that might show my light conditions little better but its not as light like it shows for me in this pic :p

No way to have have it outside? Or at least get sunlight? If you can't, it'll decline unless it gets natural sunlight and goes into dormancy. :/

Hm it have been under 1 light tube for 1 and a half month or more and today i got 1 more up so very nice "daylight" (840) I think now it is with the 2 light tubers.

I absolutely 100% guarantee your plant will slowly but surely start doing very poorly under that kind of light. When they say "sunlight" bulbs, they're talking about the spectrum of light produced, not the intensity. Those bulbs cannot replace sunlight, and venus flytraps NEED full sunlight. They will die without it.

Jason

Ok hm but I have seen others that made it under those conditions.. But it wont be for years since im soon moving out to my farm in the woods and leaving these concrete apartments :p wont miss them for sure..

Ok hm but I have seen others that made it under those conditions..

There are a few people who do grow under lights. Most of them have no success in the long run. The few that do have very high output lighting systems unlike yours. Hopefully your plant survives until you move, but if it's longer than a year, I wouldn't count on it.

Jason

Yeah. I have all my VFTs outside sans 2 -- half of my B-52, and half of my "Gold Strike", which are inside where they are in a windowsill + grow lights -- and they're only staying in there until I am sure they're healthy enough to go outside after the splitting. The ones outside are doing MUCH better. (Except the gold strike cutting, which is, as far as I can tell, dead.)

Ok I see Im sure gonna have them outside and use the "indoor" for make them strong enough to survive the outside weathers. But atm where I live its a place where i dont wonna put these CP outside since of all kids who havnt learned whats theirs and not..

xeno, how do you make your pictures little like that? mine always show as giant blown up pictures...

xeno, how do you make your pictures little like that? mine always show as giant blown up pictures...

Xeno is using imageshack which provides forum code for thumbnail images when you upload. I like imageshack, especially the toolbar.

Where is the farm you'll be moving to located?

Jason

DrWurm did explain about that imageshack works good for sure. Hm my farm is located in Oskarshamn iff u know where that is :)

Back