What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFT place good?

Hi since many have talked about the sun is the best light source for the vfts im testing a little minibog on my balcony.. The mosses is all spagnum, would this be a good place to plant my vfts in ? its alot off sun there and always little moisty.. plz give some feedback before i start plant them in there. Thnx in advance!

The pics:

WOW! Where did you get all that nice moss! you're doing a great job growing it, and sure! Go ahead, the vft's should survive well. Have you thought of also adding other cp's in that planter?

Hi and thnx for the feedback. Yes im gonna use some Sundews also I think but il add that after I have planted my vts i am waiting for. 2 big mouths and 2 Akai Ruyu and 1 red Piranah and iff its some space left il use some sundews for sure.

try some small sarracenia, they'll go well there. if the planter is exposed to too much wind, try the prostrate species of sarracenia, like Purpurea, Rosea, Psittacina......

Yeah that I could do and dont let them grow upp all space :p since vfts is my fav´s hehe btw got 1 little sundew planted :p

What is that odd moss? Sphagnum?

Yes all is but they are from diff locations and such.

Looks perfect, but it really should be put outside for vfts.

Is that a windowsill? Neat little planter, makes me wish I wasn't on the ground floor.

Hm its outside on the baclony and it gets alot off sun there and the temp is not to high either and I still hope all my vft that i am waiting for will live and catch its on food there and be very healthy :)

How's this for an idea:

Picture015-1.jpg

Picture016-4.jpg

jimscott thats nice for sure :) Im gonna do something like that but start little smaller hehe. atm I concentrate on vft and sundews but the sarranceias are cool

Back