What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traps with instect disappears... over night

I noticed a spider in a trap yesterday

Today the whole traps gone... DO BIRDS EAT THE TRAPS WITH INSECTS IN ?

Has this happen to anyone else and what does it please..

As his legs where hanging out ....

Noddy

Squirrels? Rats? Bratty neighbor kids? Is there any difference?

Its the attack of birdzilla... This happen to me most of the time but bird will probably uproot ur whole plant instead of cutting off the trap. if i were you i would probably be caution for worms or slugs. good growing

Someone needs to breed a plant that can actually eat birds.

No more birds destroying our plants!!

I would guess possum or racoon, overnight..

I have tons of squirrels and birds around my plants..neither has ever munched on a trap.

Scot

Here in Cali the birds often pull off entire traps from my Akai Ryu. They also love to drill holes in the bottom of my S. purpurea pitchers.

Jason

I had problems with squirrels digging up my plants and biting leaves off of them. Red fox squirrels are the worst. The gray squirrels seem to just leave them alone.

GUYS I AM IN THE UK

It's just very old not my trap but none the less I would like to know...

Odd one that

Noddy

You might never know for sure... We're just going on educated guesses at this point. :)

"GUYS I AM IN THE UK"
Maybe you might edit your profile to put UK as the location. So as people don't have to guess.

What difference does being in the UK make?
you have most of the same critters as those of us in the US have..

Scot

Here is the Reason

Comment such as these "I would guess possum or racoon, overnight.."

Noddy

Yeah only raccoons are in Europe now, maybe not native but they are there....while i do not believe you guys have opossum however. But they are just trying to help, and when you don't (and i see you do now) have your location data, we can only assume that is what your talking about.

Yeah thats cool...

I agree it was over a year when I signed in and I did not recall going through it all in detail...

It's only this year that I have done more on the site...

Noddy

Back