What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Subject on division > & What not to use!

I am sure some of the wise people here know...

Don't use this

DSCF9206.jpg

It killed my pullings totally... As you can see...

DSCF9171.jpg

So I tried a new one here... as is...

DSCF9203.jpg

And

DSCF9201.jpg

Both low giants ...

I am just not sure how long it takes before you see some change other than death of the leaf....

Comments Please

Noddy

Your soil looks very green (like algae covered). Are you positive strike killed them?

It usually takes a bit (weeks to months) before I notice much going on as far a growth.

Venus Fly Trap

oops! hope you have good luck

you may want to rinse that peat by top-watering many times. Seems like there is a significant amount of minerals and nutrients that you need to get rid of in your soil.

Pullings always turn black. That's completely normal. The new growth usually doesn't start before the entire leaf except the base has died. It usually takes AT LEAST 6 weeks to see growth. How old are those pullings?

The one in the pots did not last very long at all... 13 days or so....

I water from the bottom not the top... it gets very warm where they are, I have since tried with the green one shown without the Strike and it's holding up a lot better than the others did... they are still there... so it's a wait and see job... I think

Noddy

My best results with Dionaea leaf-pullings and rhizome divisions have been without the use of rooting hormones. An excess of gel (Clonex, for example) will actually cause rotting rather than allowing a cutting to take. If you insist on using the products, use them very sparingly . . .

Back