What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crazy thought I know...

I had a crazy thought today... How about popping your VFT in the loft over winter, cool not freezing due to radiated heat from ceiling thus no freeze, and since they need no light all is cool... What yeah think?

Else light on a timmer may help those that need put in the somewhere cold.

Noddy

Not crazy at all. Many people do just that, ask jimscott.

Are you talking about in the attic? That's not a bad idea.

Yes the attic we call them loft's it's cool but not freezing ....

The thought came to me while up there today however I am not sure about the light side of things, 3 months in the dark I thought would kill the leaves..

WOW did you leave your helmet at the playground ..........?
You Have been told how many times how to ............... OMG you will never get it
Good luck with your plants

I am not sure about the light side of things, 3 months in the dark I thought would kill the leaves..

Some attics have small windows on the gable ends of the house. If you have one that is facing south then I'm sure enough light could come through for dormancy. Or placing a CFL with a timer could work too.

CN No but then you would not like me to ring my BELL < Noddy

Any how the reason why I say is this

Some chop they leaves off, then told they don't need light while chilling out... Like you when your sleeping I guess...

Hence why I asked, I don't have a window there in the roof however... it better protected than other options I have.

So really there growing like a bulb... Yes that why they can pop up from the ground without leaves.

jimscott sorry I did not know you did that... Noddy

Back