What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transplant

I decided to move my VFT's to a larger bog because I feel that a shallow tray wasn't the best venue for them. I got a larger, deeper pot and proceeded to uproot all my vfts from the old to the new. In there there's a number of plants - including B52, Justina Davis, Fused Tooth, Sawtooth, Red Dragon, Petite Dragon and spoon traps. Right now, I have no idea where they are. I guess as they grow I'll be able to tell them apart. This is what it looked like before:

vft01.jpg

And now:

mar2010-vftbog01.jpg

whoa.. that pic makes me dizzy. I forgot my 3-D glasses.

that's gonna be one heck of a flytrap pot!!

Sweet! Is that a big undrained bowl you have them in now, or do you have them in a drained one with a big, deep saucer underneath? I ask because this is the longest I've had vft's without killing them, and they're in a 8" or so deep pot with an inch tall saucer tray on bottom full of water.

That's one massive pot of VFTs!

whoa.. that pic makes me dizzy. I forgot my 3-D glasses.

Yeah, bad picture. :)

Here are some better ones:

mar2010-vftbog02.jpg

Lunch is served: "Can I eat them, daddy?" - She's slowly learning that CPs are not lunch.

mar2010-vftbog03.jpg

NICE, Brokken. I put a vft section (square foot) in my bog. I just put all typical ones in there...about 13 of them...but that bowl is going to be fantastic. Maybe I should just plant a purpurea in the bog space and get a vft bowl.

Very cool, nice and big traps

That is really something, Brokken. :boogie:

Do post updates on this - I'd love to see how it grows.

Back