What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know what this mold is...

• Thread starter Noddy
  • Start date
DSCF0423.jpg

Many thanks Noddy

I'm not really expert but my guess could be that is trace of aphids or spider mites

looks like the old white powdery mildew we get up here......

Just cut it off if it looks unsightly, it just lives on decaying organic material, won't harm the live parts.

I think downy mildew is raised like that. I took some flytrappers to the state dept of agriculture lab to get tested once. They give you a report of all the fungi in the foliage. A lot of latin if you ask me.

yes, I know what kind of mold it is..
it is "mold that belongs in the trash can" ;)

it is also "mold that you will never see again, because from now on you will always cut away dead leaf material before mold has a chance to develope"..

yep, im pretty sure thats what kind of mold it is. ;)

but seriously, as has been said, its just some kind of common mildewey fungus..one of a possible hundred different types..exact ID isnt terribly important..its just mold..
whats more important is that its very easy to prevent..just by snipping off those dead leaves before you even get mold..

Scot

Just clipped that same exact mold off of the dead leaves on my VFT's the other day. Like has been said, it only feasts on already dead material. Shouldn't pose a problem to new growth, if snipped off.

How humid are your conditions?

High humidity encourages molds like that.

Back