What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Came home to this...

as well as the thread i posted in the nep section. this is what i see when i get home from out of town...not sure what to make of it, its the first time its sending up traps up THAT high. why is this? at first i thought it was going to flower.

2w72tn6.jpg

s2aazb.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to look at this post.

-Javier

Here's a link that should explain the phenomenon in detail.

I think that your VFT needs some good, natural SUNLIGHT, too!

as well as the thread i posted in the nep section. this is what i see when i get home from out of town...not sure what to make of it, its the first time its sending up traps up THAT high. why is this? at first i thought it was going to flower.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this post.

-Javier

What you are witnessing is false vivipary or vegetative apomixis -- where a plantlet forms along the length of a flower stalk. Occasionally, it can be rooted as though a cutting. Here's a link to some other images, featuring that phenomena, and some other strange things:

http://www.humboldt.edu/~rrz7001/Dionaea.html

lol thats great. i got a confused vft. thanks alot clue thats actually pretty cool.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

so it wont flower right? it pretty much just chose the wrong fork in the road (so to speak).

thanks bella

Would that happen to be a "dentate" plant?

Very cool! I'm still waiting for this to happen to one of my plants.

It threw me for a loop thats for sure.

I have a young Red Dragon doing this also. First time I've had one of my own do this. Pretty interesting.

Lucky :( I wish my VFT would do that for me... And what Clue said your VFT seems could have use more sunlight , The plant look kinda limpy.

Back