What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B52 and meal . . .

Just a few weeks out of dormancy, one of my younger plants "awakened" with quite an appetite. Strangely enough, the trap still seems to be OK, even several days after that photo was taken . . .

Dionaea muscipula cv. "B52"
B52MOTH.jpg

A moth is one insect I've not seen caught by any of my flytraps yet. Great shot!

Aww,
that looks like a potato chip to me! :-O
I bet that ol' B-52 was sitting on the couch, downing a couple beers and killing a bag of chips :gulp:
when you happened to walk into the room and caught him! :oops:

I think it is really the variety "B-252 v.Couch Potato" VFT you have there!
Not as well known, but it does get an impressive belly on it, and a hunger that just wont quit!
:-))

PS: Nice plant BB. :water:

lol growin old. and thats a good shot, mine have only caught gnats, and small mosquitos.

A moth is one insect I've not seen caught by any of my flytraps yet. Great shot!

Thanks . . .

The moth is a new one on me as well; otherwise, the plants seem to be growing fat on earwigs, sow bugs, small beetles -- and even an occasional fly, just to keep up appearances . . .

Aww,
that looks like a potato chip to me! :-O
I bet that ol' B-52 was sitting on the couch, downing a couple beers and killing a bag of chips :gulp:
when you happened to walk into the room and caught him!

I haven't managed to feed the plants anything this season, and that includes Ruffles or even the tastier Kettle Sea Salt and Vinegar Chips; but I refuse to comment on the efficacy of clam dip . . .

when you happened to walk into the room and caught him! :oops:

LOL Nice Paul :-))

Looks like your traps are pretty active already BB, ours are just beginning to now fully open and prepare their jaws of death.

Amazingly enough, the trap with the moth has not only survived, but can be seen opening in the photo below -- along with two other examples of gluttony . . .

Dionaea muscipula cv. "B52"
GLUTTONY.jpg

+1 for Kettle Brand Sea Salt and Vinegar. I would be very seriously 5lbs less lovely had it not been for me discovering that stuff.

Back