What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dionaea 'Microdent' and "Dracula"

I got a couple of very small divisions of 'Microdent' and "Dracula" in a trade recently. I thought that the "Dracula" might die because it was so small and stressed. It took forever to start growing and almost all of the growth that it came with is dead now, but it's putting out new growth now and even catching small insects (ants I think). Looks like they'll both make it and grow well this summer.
'Microdent'
2ae136f695bb9b5f1a888221.jpg

aba02410def8d3aed67ffe51.jpg

"Dracula"
a65674cf2367388828ae05fe.jpg

Very cool -- both of them. I hadn't seen the "Dracula" before . . .

Very cool -- both of them. I hadn't seen the "Dracula" before . . .
The Dracula doesn't look like much right now because it's so small, but I've seen some nice photos of adult plants here:
http://cpphotofinder.com/dionaea-dracula-2124.html

I have a plant that's looking much better than Dracula this spring though. It's a seedling from 2008. You can see photos of it here:
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/dracula-lookalike-t6015.html
Here's a quick sample of it:
fd947c6b6c9b69e987ff3866.jpg

The Dracula doesn't look like much right now because it's so small, but I've seen some nice photos of adult plants here:

Wow, I've got to get me one of those bad boys sometime; it looks like the flame detailing on the side of some kid's truck . . .

Wow, I've got to get me one of those bad boys sometime; it looks like the flame detailing on the side of some kid's truck . . .
Yeah, I've seen a few photos of Dracula and it looks nice when it gets color, but many of the photos I've seen of it, it doesn't have much color. I think that the seedling pictured above is more colorful and has the same type of Denate teeth that Dracula does. Someone on FlytrapCare said it looks like a sun burst or tequila sunrise. I really like that. Dionaea "sun burst" :-D

That last picture looks frightening!

Back