What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dionaea 'Alien', D. 'Coquillage', D. 'Mirror', D. 'Microdent', FTS Freak & FTS Yellow

Dionaea 'Alien', D. 'Coquillage', D. 'Mirror', D. 'Microdent', FTS Freak & FTS Yellow

A few shots of some rare clones and some FTS clones that I hope to get in tissue culture this year.

First we have
Dionaea 'Coquillage' (two baby plants):
4ec549a2f55dc80bec3d4308.jpg

4ec549a2f55dc80bec3d4308.jpg

Dionaea 'Mirror':
3df381f135260abdeefab710.jpg

Closeup on the little side growth (sorry for the blurriness...I didn't use my good camera or a tripod)
5ee9149edfc3d37bda21153d.jpg

Dionaea 'Alien':
27cc5f18d0e170f38f122318.jpg

Dionaea 'Microdent':
75f7da3239e5bb964efd1e0c.jpg

And now onto a couple of interesting FlytrapStore clones not yet in propagation. Both of these are from the 2008 FlytrapRanch seed mix.
FTS Freak:
I should have taken photos of this guy during the growing season because it's hard to tell what it looks like when dormant, but the leaves and traps curl in on themselves and the cilia (teeth) on the traps are poorly formed.
4514247621ffc1e622755e75.jpg

73385ad8122034b442a1a33d.jpg

FTS Yellow:
There are other clones out there called "Yellow" but in the photos I've seen of them, they don't look very yellow. This plant is banana yellow, a very odd color for a flytrap...I think :)
d161b123997e39697a95a9ea.jpg

Alongside a red and a green flytrap for color comparison:
0aa1fb9ab6cc30e3c7d275b2.jpg

1b8f14215a4817f290a738e6.jpg

c2fd6470ab45f46625cb63ba.jpg

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed the photos :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. That is yellow! Nice. I think I will have to get some different flytraps this year. I have been neglecting that part of my collection.

w-w-w-WOW!!!!
:love:
Fantastic, gorgeous clones! :D

never seen a yellow before. very nice.

Very fascinating new VFT cultivars and a few clones with potential to become more fascinating new VFT cultivars. That yellow clone certainly looks quite intriguing.

I love the Dionaea 'Alien" cultivar. I think it really does look like one of the aliens too.

I got a yellow late last year, so not really sure how yellow it's gone to be but it did not seem to be that yellow!
Yours is certainly a nice yellow color!

Wow. That is yellow! Nice. I think I will have to get some different flytraps this year. I have been neglecting that part of my collection.
Yeah, you definitely should! There are many, many more flytraps available in the US now. When I first started growing them, there were only a handful of clones available. I was very jealous of how many were available in the EU. But we're catching them now :)
w-w-w-WOW!!!!
:love:
Fantastic, gorgeous clones! :D
Thanks!
never seen a yellow before. very nice.
Yeah, this is the most yellow flytrap I've ever seen. There are some other clones out there named "yellow" but they don't look yellow to me.
Very fascinating new VFT cultivars and a few clones with potential to become more fascinating new VFT cultivars. That yellow clone certainly looks quite intriguing.
Thanks!
I love the Dionaea 'Alien" cultivar. I think it really does look like one of the aliens too.
Yeah, Dionaea 'Alien' is a very cool clone. I look forward to seeing it grow this summer. It will be my first summer with it.
I got a yellow late last year, so not really sure how yellow it's gone to be but it did not seem to be that yellow!
Yours is certainly a nice yellow color!
Yeah, I've seen photos of other yellow flytraps and they certainly don't look all that yellow to me. This one is very yellow...like a banana :)

Impressive as always, Dionaea 'Alien' looks particularly promising.

Oooh nice! I love seeing well grown vfts on show :p

Wow....I'd sure love to get my hands on a yellow VFT like that, AWESOME! :awesome:

Impressive as always, Dionaea 'Alien' looks particularly promising.
Yeah, Dionaea 'Alien' is a very nice clone and many people seem to like it. It's not my favorite plant, but I think it's pretty cool.
Oooh nice! I love seeing well grown vfts on show :p
Thanks!
Wow....I'd sure love to get my hands on a yellow VFT like that, AWESOME! :awesome:
Yeah, it's definitely an eye catcher. I hope to get it in tissue culture and make it available to the masses...hopefully this year.

LOL! I'd like to see one that is turquoise!

Here's one!
Look but no touch! :-))

VFTturq-2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, let's see the POKEY colored one !

Nice colllection

You have the some problem I have, hair's seem to some how appear in photo's ...

But keep up the great work (",)

Noddy

You have the some problem I have, hair's seem to some how appear in photo's ...
Hah, yeah, I've noticed that. Quite a few of my photos have hairs in them. The problem is that they're hard to see with the naked eye, but once you put the camera in macro mode, they really show up :)

Back