What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soil mixtures

Optional soil mixtures for a Venus fly trap can be in a wide range depending on who the grower is here are some mixtures that are best none for planting Venus fly traps in. Also i wouldn't recomend using LFS because it can root rot easily.

: One part spahgnum peat moss and one part perlite.

: One part spahgnum peat moss two part perlite.

: One part spahgnum peat moss and one part Silica sand.

: One part spahgnum peat moss one part silica sand and one part LFS.

: Some growers use just pure spahgnum peat moss but it doesn't have the good drainage like you would by adding perlite or sand.

: Some also use vermiculite, pumice, and certian kinds of gravel in thier mixes.

Last edited:
disregard my comment, im not getting involved in this one

If you really want me to i can ask a mod to delete it. I didn't know i was giving out bad info sorry about that.

: One part spahgnum peat moss and one part Silica sand.

: One part spahgnum peat moss one part Silica sand.

Uhhhm isn't it the same?

I mix sand and peat, and have a layer of LFS on top. That pretty much mimics what they grow in.

Uhhhm isn't it the same?

Yep i changed it now. :)

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

I mix sand and peat, and have a layer of LFS on top. That pretty much mimics what they grow in.

Yep i added it thanks for reminding me. :)

Back