What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can vft seedlings be transplanted during dormancy?

Is it possible to transplant seedlings during dormancy I have 85 seedlings at the moment in there winter dormancy they are hardened off with good colour into there 2nd year. I want to tranplant them is now ok? I can put them in a terrarium 4 a while to get over the shock of transplanting. I can wait till spring but I have the time now.

Is it possible to transplant seedlings during dormancy I have 85 seedlings at the moment in there winter dormancy they are hardened off with good colour into there 2nd year. I want to tranplant them is now ok? I can put them in a terrarium 4 a while to get over the shock of transplanting. I can wait till spring but I have the time now.

I would wait until the end of Winter. The only losses I have ever experienced with flytraps came from futzing around with them during dormancy . . .

oh ok maybe you are right patience is not a virtue many associate with me. I just know they always grow a bit faster after being transplanted. here is a photo anyway:

vftseedlings.jpg

Back