What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He Set Of 4 Traps...

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
This bee set off 4 traps in this pot before finally getting caught.... real good!

004.jpg

003.jpg

Last edited:
@jim: what cultivar is that? the teeth seem to look webbed....

Nice shots. Similar things have happened with some my plants with wasps in late Summer -- and it's always gratifying to see them catch something.

Cheers to another guy who lets the flytraps flower . .

Poor guy.

Funny story...
I will, on occasion, use my benevolence (yeah right) to release one or two insects from the certain doom each year. I noticed one wasp last year caught by the head with abdomen and hind legs exposed. She fought all night to escape and was still fighting in the morning when I checked again.

I decided to free her from the flytraps grip. Upon release, she sat there for a few moments to regain her orientation and most likely to rest a little. After the few moments were up, she proceeded to go to flytrap after flytrap until she was caught once more.

It was then I realized that some insects just have it coming no matter how many warnings or chances they receive.

Last edited:
Poor guy.

Funny story...
I will, on occasion, use my benevolence (yeah right) to release one or two insects from the certain doom each year. I noticed one wasp last year caught by the head with abdomen and hind legs exposed. She fought all night to escape and was still fighting in the morning when I checked again.

I decided to free her from the flytraps grip. Upon release, she sat there for a few moments to regain her orientation and most likely to rest a little. After the few moments were up, she proceeded to go to flytrap after flytrap until she was caught once more.

It was then I realized that some insects just have it coming no matter how many warnings or chances they receive.

That's too funny! We had a bug with just its thorax stuck in a trap at Meadowview last week. I left it. It's always funny to see 1 bug in 2 traps.

Nice looking plant and great story :)

silly bee :D

Poor guy.

Funny story...

I've come to the conclusion that insects are kindof like robots...they're programed...and hearing the buzzing of their fallen comrades does nothing to deter. Their program doesn't change substantially. Tell me if I'm wrong :p

Aww.... poor little fella....

That is a very nice cultivar! Looks kind of wicked! (In a good way!) :bigthumpup:

@jim: what cultivar is that? the teeth seem to look webbed....

Triffid Traps

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Cheers to another guy who lets the flytraps flower . . .

I / we have nothing to fear. They went through dormancy and are in direct sunlight. :-D

Back