What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why pick on miracle grow?

• Thread starter Heads
  • Start date
  • Tags
    grow
im not sure what the big deal is about Miracle Grow.i use it all the time and my vfts are doing fine. i k'now that Miracle Grow is enriched with stuff but its not harming my plants.

:pics:

im not sure what the big deal is about Miracle Grow.i use it all the time and my vfts are doing fine. i k'now that Miracle Grow is enriched with stuff but its not harming my plants.

I prefer to choose what nutrients are added to my media, and when. It is not possible when some stores around here only sell miricle grow enriched whatever..I mean who needs enriched sand, or mositure retaining soil or ferts in peat moss. They are talking the art and science out of growing plants and encouraging folks to only grow what can live in one size fits all media.

Well..I'm currently doing experiments with miracle grow orchid mix for use with nepenthes....so far, I've found that N.ventricosa can grow well in it, despite the fertillizer and off the charts PPM level.

Its okay Chibae, it happens to everyone.

im not sure what the big deal is about Miracle Grow.i use it all the time and my vfts are doing fine.

You say you are using Miracle Grow all the time, but unfortunately your vft is not doing always fine.

You told us before. Just to remind you of the thread "i think my vft is sick":
http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127546

So you better watch your plant for a whole year when testing a new substrate: Awakening from the winter rest, flowering, setting seeds, preparing for the winter, winter resting. And if everything is OK with the plants for the second year too, the substrate most likely works perfectly, at least with your cultivation conditions.

Not every intoxication is showing up immediately, some need a long time to poisoning the whole plant from rhizome to the leaves, and a creeping poisoning may not become visible instantly or within a few weeks.

Trololololololol!

That must be an answer of an absolute expert: Short and eye-catching.

Back