What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TF,

Here are some very good photos i took this weekend of my plants:

1)
1ZHTX.jpg

2)
rGULr.jpg

3)
UYNaq.jpg

4)
0psxL.jpg

5)
9LAqp.jpg

6)
VJEnq.jpg

7)
ioGEX.jpg

8)
YWiu0.jpg

9)
DeeRG.jpg

10)
QUtHS.jpg

11)
EExk1.jpg

12)
LMFcE.jpg

13)
jyDNL.jpg

15)
D36NZ.jpg

16)
wfUVK.jpg

17)
Ad8LK.jpg

18)
WLjfp.jpg

19)
SvLsy.jpg

20)
m5fMt.jpg

21)
9fSbh.jpg

21)
02UuK.jpg

22)
0mhBG.jpg

23)
NghMX.jpg

24)
o6RHb.jpg

26)
4wk1l.jpg

27)
cLE5p.jpg

28)
SF07A.jpg

29)
z8wfq.jpg

30)
f23PT.jpg

31)
0R9RC.jpg

32)
zoXdT.jpg

34)
3Sfbd.jpg

36)
tYVbL.jpg

Tuber droseras:

39)
5Oh98.jpg

41)
J4LWr.jpg

44)
WoLtS.jpg

45)
nlzap.jpg

46)
0uSK8.jpg

47)
kIT2Z.jpg

48)
JQGZh.jpg

49)
gwg87.jpg

50)
J9lTP.jpg

51)
ZfOQL.jpg

52)
tj7qH.jpg

53)
OYtKo.jpg

54)
SfkHl.jpg

55)
duoY8.jpg

56)
shZgQ.jpg

57)
wIQe9.jpg

59)
cwbNG.jpg

60)
5IYY8.jpg

Rajah:
61)
pLmfx.jpg

I got interested in these plants, they are air plants,meaning they don't need soil at all to survive, they can be hang, or simply put in your desk, they basically need just water, and very little too since the leaf structure provides them with water from the inside, and of course filtered sunlight:
Ionantha 'conehead':
XI6E8.jpg

Ionantha rosita:

65)
8nHxb.jpg

Ionantha fuego:

66)
zOhvR.jpg

These plants are for sale and trade:

3 small nepenthes singapore garden tech:
67)
h5pDx.jpg

N. lowii, preferably this plant, since it is so hard to find, I would be asking for money or a rare specie of CP, such as D. Paradoxa...etc, hard to find plants ;) :

68)
zvSbW.jpg

I also have D. albino, and droseras spatulatas for trade/sale.

By the way, all of these plants are growing outside in temps of 50-30F, except the nepenthes, and they are growing wonderfully! So those that are worried about their tropical plants freezing or dying, i have proven the opposite so far, it has even gone down to 25F, and they are growing just fine, i guess the sunlight, and receiving light all day really helps! :)

Enjoy! :)

Nice! I really like the D. venusta and D. burmannii! Nice flytraps too, you've got some interesting cultivars/clones.

Good Lord man.. that's a lot of pics!
Everyone seems to be loving the new GH's. I've gotta admit, I'm quite jealous!

Impressive collection. What species is 8 and what cultivar is 18?

Good Lord man.. that's a lot of pics!
Everyone seems to be loving the new GH's. I've gotta admit, I'm quite jealous!

Haha, thanks!

Yup, the greenhouses are awesome, and they're not even done yet ;)

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Impressive collection. What species is 8 and what cultivar is 18?

Thank you!

8 is d. Adelae, and 18 is just a typical vft growing in all silica sand! :)

Thank you!

8 is d. Adelae, and 18 is just a typical vft growing in all silica sand! :)

How did you get it to produce those wide wavy leaves? It's awesome!

The D. burmannii look like little crystals! The broms look so cool!

Beautiful as always, jht! Good lord that catesbaei that I gave you looks gorgeous! It never looked that good in my conditions. Maybe I should ship my whole collection to you and move into your greenhouse. :D

Those are some cool pictures, but may I make a suggestion: Re-size them before you upload them and link them to your post. Even though Terraforums re-sizes them to fit the browser dimensions, they are still quite huge and it's making the page slow. If you would like more people viewing them, make them a little smaller. :)

How did you get it to produce those wide wavy leaves? It's awesome!

Hi,

I have no clue, perhaps is the silica sand, or just the plant. Who knows.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

The D. burmannii look like little crystals! The broms look so cool!

Thank you :D

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Beautiful as always, jht! Good lord that catesbaei that I gave you looks gorgeous! It never looked that good in my conditions. Maybe I should ship my whole collection to you and move into your greenhouse. :D

Haha, yup, that's one of my favorites. That catesbaei is awesome!

Sure send me all your collection, I will be very happy to accept it! :D

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Those are some cool pictures, but may I make a suggestion: Re-size them before you upload them and link them to your post. Even though Terraforums re-sizes them to fit the browser dimensions, they are still quite huge and it's making the page slow. If you would like more people viewing them, make them a little smaller. :)

Hi,
I don't honestly know how the other people see these pics, or what size appears to the other members. About resizing, that will be very hard for the moment as resizing all pics take time. I also like good quality pics without editing them. I have a canon powershot G10, 14.7 camera excellent for taking good pics :) . But thanks for the suggestion though. :)

I second Brokken's motion for resizing, at least in the future. It's really not that hard, even Paint can do it. As it stands, I don't have the patience to deal with scrolling through the pictures at a snail's pace. And I have a pretty powerful computer. Granted, I also have a very short attention span and very short patience, LOL, so maybe it's just me.

As for the details, the forum simply takes the full-size picture and crams it into a smaller space. We see it just like you do, on the forum at least. Resizing the images doesn't damage quality at all, at least not noticeably. If you want people to be able to see the full size image while not hindering their ability to view them without frustration (in my case at least), make two copies. A smaller, resized version which you actually post on the forums but that links to the full-size image. For that, you'd do the following:

[.url=URL_TO_THE_FULL_SIZE_IMAGE][.img]URL_TO_RESIZED_IMAGE[./img][./url]
Just make sure to remove the periods. Nearly every one of the pictures in my thread is linked the same way.

If you end up trying that and run into problems, I'd be happy to help.

I have to agree with Broken and Kyle. I clicked your thread yesterday while on my crappy laptop and it loaded them all fine, but scrolling was way to slow for me to get past the first 3 or 4 photos and gave up. What I do is upload them to photobucket, which I have set to re-size automatically to 640x480. This way I can keep the originals full size, but post images that everyone can enjoy. If someone wanted a higher quality photo I can email it etc.

I just came and looked at them now on my Imac and it was much better, but scrolling was still a little choppy.

Either way, my favorite has to be your very first photo, very nice!

Seeing your pictures makes me more and more excited to get my first plants!!! Great pics!

Back