What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help!

My venus fly trap was doing great until it started to bloom now that the flower bud have almost bloomed it looks like the plant is dying.. is the process of blooming causing the plant so much stress that its killing it?

Okay so here is what we have to work with:
"I have a flowering venus flytrap"
And you expect us to know what's wrong with it? Try listing some things like how much sunlight, water you are using, what it's growing in, how long you have had it, etc. Any general growing conditions.

Well to answer your question. Yes flowering can stress the plant enough to kill it. As SSS stated though it is usually a combination of things (bugs, no dormancy, old media, etc.). So more information is need to figure out what else is going on. I would also add to SSS questions: did it go through dormancy?

Yes, could be dormancy too. There are a lot of factors, simply having a flower won't kill a VFT, however a combination such as having a flower and growing in low amounts of light can.

Back