What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

flower stalk plantlets

If your plant has traits you like you will get an identical plantlet from the flower stalk that will grow faster than seedgrown(so i am told) but seedgrown variation may be prefered

Thing is, it doesn't HAVE any traits out of the ordinary, other than the infamous Curved-Leaf Syndrome, and it's recovering from that too. So, really, I don't think there's anything noteworthy about my plant. :down:

EDIT: Today I picked up some NOTEWORTHY FLYTRAPS! I might do the flower-stalk-plant-process with my new plants, particularly my now flowering "Dentate Traps".

Last edited:
:Dhave some fun ,let it flower ,collect the seeds and see what grows

these little guys are doing ok now i got off my back side and repotted them

Collect the seeds then clip the stalk and get plantlets from the cuttings. That's what I try to do - just no seeds so far.

double post oops

I'm loving that color. What type of VFT are they?
akai ryu or red dragon same thing ,these little guys show more colour than their parents

Last edited:
Does this process still work if you chop the stalk into sections? That's what I did for my plant's stalk.

Any update ?

Thanks for sharing this !

here are a couple of pics from today, one plant is doing so much better than the others,think i should of thinned them out more to give them more room,oh well ,live and learn:-D

Well grown plants :) its always like that, each time i sow some seeds, 2-3 seedlings are stronger. Its genetic :) anyway, good job!

What is your watering method ?

i water using the tray method about 10mm deep,but the tray dries sometimes completely for a day or two
Well grown plants :) its always like that, each time i sow some seeds, 2-3 seedlings are stronger. Its genetic :) anyway, good job!
it cannot be genetic these are cuttings;),so i thought they should grow at a similar rate,so i dunno,am sure they will catch up,they are about 15 months old (when i took the stalks)and were forced through winter,you could do better from seed maiden:D

Yep, i work on this :-D

Nice plants anyway heheh

Edit: i just received my cps order, i feet GREAT lol
I have a heli burgundy-black, a h.hispida and a vft pink venus. Do you have that cultivar?

i only grow "southwest giant","red dragon","great white shark"and "b52" at the moment but might get another couple next year,do you grow any vft's outdoors maiden?congrats on your new plants i know they will grow well in your hands:-D

i only grow "southwest giant","red dragon","great white shark"and "b52" at the moment but might get another couple next year,do you grow any vft's outdoors maiden?congrats on your new plants i know they will grow well in your hands:-D

Thanks ! I hope, im still Learning :) This morning i lost a akai ryu because of roots rot, so...

Here a part of my setup. I have 4 tables like this. All indoor growing. I have many t5s with reflectors, and the plants get 3 hours of direct sunlight from the big window next to the tables.

Laval-20130801-01369 par dals009, sur Flickr

Laval-20130801-01368 par dals009, sur Flickr

Laval-20130801-01367 par dals009, sur Flickr

I dont have a big vfts collection... i grow typical, akai ryu, green dragon, pink venus, shark teeths, charly mandon spotted, wacky traps, korean melody shark, many giants clone, many unknow clones, and some strange unknow clones lol

And i have another room for my highland plants, with a A/C.

Do you have a indoor setup?

your plants look very happy with your set up,i only have one small t5 light that i grow mostly nepenthes under,i grow all vft's and sars outdoor,i grow on all sunny windowsills i can too:-D

Back