What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaws smiley

I just recently saw this form. and I love the shape! does anyone grow this VFT? or know where I can find a good clone.

Thank you!

Really? Nobody? LOL bummer. :-/

I grow Jaws Smiley. In my opinion it looks almost identical to 'Alien' and 'Alien' is already a registered cultivar. For that reason, I've chosen to propagate 'Alien' over "Jaws Smiley". We just sold the first one last week and will only have a few more available this year, but should have more available next year.

Thank you for your reply guys! Wire man, Loved the art! I've seen your work on deviantart before and Had no idea!

mmlr38 does alien look like this?

551757_423324164366385_1631289048_n.jpg

Actually Favian that was my design thanks for the compliment though :banana2:

that is a cool looking vft favian

Mcmcnair! It's great :)

Thank you for your reply guys! Wire man, Loved the art! I've seen your work on deviantart before and Had no idea!

mmlr38 does alien look like this?

551757_423324164366385_1631289048_n.jpg

I showed the picture to my brother and he said "looks like tacos of death" haha!!

I showed the picture to my brother and he said "looks like tacos of death" haha!!

:-))lolz!

and, yeah, thats one awesome looking flytrap! wow!

oh, and how big are those traps?

Yes, Alien looks like that photo of Jaws Smiley. I'll take a photo of my Alien and Jaws Smiley side by side and post back later.

Sorry for the long delay. Below are the promised comparison photos of "Jaws Smiley" and 'Alien'. The biggest difference I can see in the plants is the shape of the teeth, which I think look much more menacing on 'Alien'.

Alien on the left, Jaws Smiley on the right

Largest trap on my 'Alien' mother plant
]

Closeup of 'Alien' "teeth"
]

Close up of 'Alien' trap interior. Notice the multiple small hairs in the bottom of the trap showing up as little red dots.

"Jaws Smiley"

Close up of "Jaws Smiley" trap interior. It even has the small hairs in the bottom of the trap just like 'Alien'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the Alien! thanks for the pictures!
already added it to wishlist*

Back