What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Carnivorous plants

Hey I just wanted to say thanks to u guys for all of your very useful info on this site. I recently got into the whole carnivorous plants thing and I love it. I currently have 2 sundews a VFT that I got from lowes that's doing well. I just bought 2 VFTs from lowes that were definitely on the brink of dying. I figured I'd try and save the little guys.

I guess I can't post pics from my phone lol

Nope.. you've gotta use a site like photobucket or flickr. Then just copy and paste the code here to post pics.
Welcome to the addiction btw..

Nope.. you've gotta use a site like photobucket or flickr. Then just copy and paste the code here to post pics.
Welcome to the addiction btw..[/QUOTE]

Lol exactly. I told my fiancé it's cheaper than having a dog so it's not that bad lol

3C2E0EAA-7CC7-4EB4-B11D-A08D8B70D3F1-3518-000001FC8543C0BF_zpsaeb70e75.jpg

Your sundews are 2 different types of Drosera filiformis. And lovely specimens at that..

Jesus, why doesn't my lowes carry big Drosera filiformis and Drosera Traceyi? Nice score!

Lol exactly. I told my fiancé it's cheaper than having a dog so it's not that bad lol

Oh to be new to this hobby again..... (j/k)

Stick around for a while- it could cost more than a dog. I have dumped a couple grand into my collection.

Jesus, why doesn't my lowes carry big Drosera filiformis and Drosera Traceyi? Nice score!

My bad, to clarify, I actually bought the Dews from a local CP Nursery. He charged me $15 for both pots. I bought the VFTs from lowes

83BF44E7-4032-46F0-BC9A-50942075E305-179-00000007F0AADD8F_zpsc6c3f850.jpg

C721F434-5A4F-4B89-8BB4-07ABAC844385-179-00000008055E2680_zps6189cfbb.jpg

This is how big they were when I got them a month ago

Your sundews are 2 different types of Drosera filiformis. And lovely specimens at that..

Thanks!!!! The reddish one catches more bugs for now anyway. I can't wait to see them by the middle of the summer

No doubt!! How long have you had those?

My bad, to clarify, I actually bought the Dews from a local CP Nursery. He charged me $15 for both pots. I bought the VFTs from lowes

OH! I guess that answers my question. LOL

And yes, MANY of us have invested quite a bit, SO FAR! Most of us, not matter how much we say we are, are not done spending.

Glad to have ya here as part of our HIGHLY dysfunctional family. :boogie:

Welcome to TF!

I'm guessing you were/are in marching band.

It's cheaper, for now. I spent $210 on a single plant this year, so it can get pricey.

Welcome to the forums! great looking plants!

And yes, MANY of us have invested quite a bit, SO FAR! Most of us, not matter how much we say we are, are not done spending.

Glad to have ya here as part of our HIGHLY dysfunctional family. :boogie:

we aren't that bad....lol

Oh to be new to this hobby again..... (j/k)

Stick around for a while- it could cost more than a dog. I have dumped a couple grand into my collection.

Don't let them scare you off ;). You can very easily have a good size collection without investing incredible amounts of money (especially with the people and resources on this forum). They are referring to some of the more advanced stages of this infection we call cp collecting. The most expensive parts of the hobby are usually ordering super rare plants and the components (terrariums, greenhouses, fans, heaters, coolers...) to care for them.

Welcome to the hobby!

I'm guessing you were/are in marching band.

It's cheaper, for now. I spent $210 on a single plant this year, so it can get pricey.

Lol yeah I was in college for a few years what gave me away?!?! J/K. What kind of plant was that?!?!

Back