What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B52s are Beastly

This is becoming one of my favorite varieties. I thought for sure I killed this plant, now I have high hopes for him this summer :-D

Before

9szfdk.jpg

Recovered

2vkbyad.jpg

Getting excited my plants are waking up

Pink Venus flowering

w010dt.jpg

When a plant divides, is the off shoot the same age as the original? These divisions are flowering...

345eed0.jpg

Nice looking plants! :)

When a plant divides, is the off shoot the same age as the original? These divisions are flowering...

Yes, if a new shoot comes up from the rhizome, it will be identical to the "mother plant"..
any vegetative reproduction: new offshoots, rhizome cutting/splitting, leaf pullings, rooted cuttings, etc, will be identical..
Only seeds will create new genetically distinct individual plants..

Scot

looks like standard dormancy.... or am i missing something?

It was but I didn't check on them for weeks. Its pot was completely dry and light as air.

ohhh, lucky for you VFTs are some vigorous plants :) glad it made a full rcovery!

"B52" is one of the most impressive and powerful-looking flytraps I've seen... And this gives me an idea for a hybrid! "B52 x Akai Ryu." I wonder what it would be like...
Anyways, now that I'm off of my little tangent about hybridization, I must compliment your plant. Here you are.
Nice plant you've got there!

Back