What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFT Mutation

SgtSarracenia

Sgt Sarracenia
I have to say I feel like an idiot, but I just noticed these anomalies this morning. Both myself and PvtPing were in awe that we had not noticed these mutations. I received this a 'Paradisa' and for the last year has shown as such. Now it has multiple trap structures, typical 'Paradisa' traps, 'Bristle tooth' (bottom left 3rd picture) and the toothless that resemble bottle caps bent in half and a two trapped petiole. I figured I would share with you all.

UnknownVFT001_zpsbdb2f849.jpg

UnknownVFT002_zps7e62df69.jpg

UnknownVFT004_zps46ea3375.jpg

UnknownVFT005_zpsc82294d7.jpg

UnknownVFT006_zps4f60511a.jpg

Things like this actually aren't that uncommon, but they're weird nonetheless. I usually get 1 or 2 of these type leaves on my plants each year.

Very Cool :)
I've had this happen on a small flytrap of mine once, but I wouldn't say it's common; at least not for me. It will be impressive to see on a larger plant. Post pics when the traps open :)

The 'bottlecap' traps opened, but so far look like typical 'Paradisa' traps.

Back