What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Double Headed Flytrap

Hello, Here is a Dbl. headed flytrap that started shooting out,I also have another one forming,I'll post better pics when they open up a little more.

Please do post more photos when they develop more.
Feeding photos would be great!

You got it,,,I hope they are functional traps!

You got it,,,I hope they are functional traps!

Breed a plant that produces those regularly and you'll be a millionaire.

That being said, I'd like to see a double-trap on one of mine sometime. I like freaks and deformities. :p

Have you recently treated them with a pesticide or fungicide? I've seen similar growth on plants that have been.

Mirror looks different than that though, it has the extra traps on the back of the "normal" one, not next to it facing the same direction.

I would only own plants with functional traps, that is, to me, the greatest part of all carnivorous plants.

I'd heard of them, but some of those pictures are impressive. They're definitely on my wishlist.

99.9% of the cultivars out there will never make it onto my wish list. They either look too close to typical flytraps, another cultivar or are just total mutants. Have you seen "Fondue" or "Whacky Traps" ? Both of those along with many others should have been culled straight out of TC. There's even a totally trapless cultivar. Now who in their right mind would ever want THAT ?

I would only own plants with functional traps, that is, to me, the greatest part of all carnivorous plants.

I agree, even if said traps are buried underground out of sight. :p

@ Cthulu

You're right, some of those don't seem too appealing. I guess my thing is that there -are- so many flytraps that look similar, that anything that truly -does- stand out certainly has a spot in my home. VFT's are still my favorite CP, and it's nice to have different ones to look at.

Hi guys, No this plant has never been treated with pesticide or a fungicide ,this was a Home Depot rescue plant out of one of those death cubes, I am one of those people who like mutant plants too... the wacky traps don't close, non functional trap's.. and I agree it would be cool to have a double-headed trap on one leaf !

Last edited:
Here is the second double header,smaller than the first one but still very cool!!

Pulled out the real camera to get better pics.cell phone not doing the best job.Here is a better pic of the first Dbl. header I posted.

Very cool!
I recently had a cape sundew produce a double sticky trap leaf. Both traps worked too.
Nice new photos as well, please keep posting as they mature. :D

I remember a double-headed Venus flytrap in an old issue of CPN. Congrats on the leaf. Both of the traps look functional too. I wonder if it is more efficient for a plant to make two traps on a single petiole.

This reminds me of a N. aristolochioides I once saw here. I forgot whose it was and where it originated, but it made double tendrils and pitchers on most, if not every leaf.

Has anyone ever had a a VFT make a triple leaf?

Here is something interesting, when you trigger one of the traps,both traps close,!

Here is something interesting, when you trigger one of the traps,both traps close,!

o_O Freaky. (Hopes one of them had food in it when you found this out)

Any feeding photos?
:D

Back