What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cool looking seedling

I wanted to post a pic of this plant and get some feedback,back in Feb. I started a bunch of seeds for the first time and got this cool looking seedling that I separated out of the community pot,It's traps have arches,and it has teeth instead of guard hairs,and it's a yellow greenish color,Thanks!!

It's very possible that your batch of seed may have involved a cross with a 'Dente' plant.

^^

Exactly what I was thinking. My dente is only just now producing "toothed" traps as well. Ours look almost identical. Congrats on getting something cool from seed!

I was thinking Dente, or Shark's tooth,Dente has the arched trap too.But this little guy has always had teeth? Does the Dente produce teeth as it get more mature?

I was thinking Dente, or Shark's tooth,Dente has the arched trap too.But this little guy has always had teeth? Does the Dente produce teeth as it get more mature?

I don't know if the age of a plant matters with 'Dente', but I've heard (and it's true for mine) that it produces normal-looking cilia at the beginning of the growing season, then starts making the "teeth" later (around this time, apparently).

You may very well have something different, but I'll leave it for someone more knowledgeable than myself. :p

That will be nice if it produces teeth every time, all the time.

Well it had teeth when I first saw the plant with a magnifying glass,I have Fused tooth youngster,they don't fuse till they are mature and at the end of the growing season.I thought if they had teeth,they would always produce teeth?

Back