What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFT of the month Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured i'd see if we could start a VFT of the month contest since we have a Pitcher of the month on and other photo contests on this forum :)

RULES (-pretty much like the pitcher of the month contest rules)

1. Only ONE (1) VFT plant per member may be entered in any particular month.
2. All pictures must be taken in the month of entry into the contest.
3. All entries must clearly be numbered, labled and have an I.D for identification.(ex. #1 jons VFT all red...#2 matts...etc..etc)
4. Entries are restricted to Plants that YOU have grown for atleast 6 months or grown by seed by YOURSELF for atleast 6months of time. Any Cross or Cultivatar plants are accepted as long as they have an identification and not a 'unknown variety' self pollinated crosses are accepted as long as you define the crossed parent plants for the ID.
5. Contestants may post as many times and as many pictures of their entry as they like until contest closing on 08/31/15
6. Sequential pictures showing opening/closing of a VFT trap during feeding are fine as long as all pictures are taken within the month of the contest. Close up Pictures of the Traps to show detail are excepted as long as the whole plant is pictured in one of the photos posted.
7. If, for some reason, a single VFT plant cannot be isolated and a group shot is necessary, then the particular VFT plant entered must be clearly identified in your post, by circling or pointing out the plant entered.
8. Plant must have been grown by owner at least six months prior to photo. (as mentioned above in #4)
9. Times of Contest and Poll openings and closings are to be understood as EST.
10. Judging by forum members and guests in a poll opening on 09/01/15, closing 09/06/15 and using this forum!

Voting will open on top of the thread at the close of the contest submissions. (once i figure out how to do that or ask a mod for help.. Lol)
***if im unable to get a poll on the top of the thread then pm your votes to ME (KATastrophe) and i will tally the votes and announce the winner on the said date to do so :)

** Please remember to clearly identify your Plant entry!!**

Contest will be closed on August 31st 2015 at 7:00PM EST
Good luck!!

And wish me luck that i can get the polling to work lol

Example entry:

Number: #00
Name: Kat
I.D: VFT 'blahblah'
*photo*
*photo*
---------------------------
Thanks for participating and viewing, hopefully i can get this polling thing going

Last edited:
Dionaea/VFTs are already included in the Plant of The Month, so there's no need to segregate this species into a new contest.

As much as many of us love VFTs there generally isn't enough interest to justify a separate "Of the Month" contest. It has been tried or proposed before for Cephalotus, Drosera and Sarracenia and participation dropped off after just a few months. Dormancy would be another factor so there would always be a few slack months even with participation from both hemispheres.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder: given the negative reactions that many of the physical variations you'd have to put up with a lot of distracting posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back